Monday, January 21, 2013

We're Back!

Okay so my first order of business is to thank Marykate Barrett for getting on my case about being such a miserable blogger. I wanted to do a post on our amazing honeymoon to Cancun but we haven't even taken the pictures off the camera so I guess that shows where our social media priorities have been lately. So in no particular order here are some things we've been up to during the 5+ month hiatus:






At the beginning of last semester we went sailing with Sam and Jess Pugmire on the Great Salt Lake. I highly recommend it. It's by far the best setting to reenact pretty much any scene you want from Titanic. For Halloween we decided to see if our love could really stand the test of time. We looked rough but hopefully by the time we look that old our vision will be failing so we won't really mind anymore. One of the highlights was definitely Christmas break. We weren't prepared for how time consuming our jobs and school were going to be our first semester married so Christmas Break provided some much needed time to "chill for a minute" as Stu would say. We started it off by going to Disneyland with my family for a few days and then got to go to spend Christmas with Stu's family in Toppenish. I wish I had pictures of the adorable PJs that Lucy made for everyone or the incredible Duck Dynasty shirt that she got so I'll have to make a request for those. 





 Our bed was just a mattress on the floor for the first 4 months (which is fine when you're single and just couldn't find any cinderblocks to use as bed stilts) but we had really been wanting a big kid bed for a while when I found the frame and headboard for $100 at the RC Willey outlet. Steal. The deal just kept coming that day though and I also found this table for $20 at Confetti Antiques in Spanish Fork where we live and my mom and I made this gallery wall from things I found at the antique store or things I had stashed away in closets. Thank you, Pinterest. 



Stu turned the big 26 on the 17th and so I thought it would be fun to surprise him with a party at his favorite restaurant Maria Bonita. I underestimated how hard it would be to keep a secret and I'm almost positive that he knew exactly what was going on. I had a back up surprise though and remade the Ninja Turtle cake that his mom made for his 4th birthday and I think I really did it justice!
Yeah, I wish. 
Harmon's to the rescue. Maybe Lucy can give me some cake decorating tips for next year.



The night was so fun and I was so impressed by my husband's friends. I've always known he had a really awesome group of friends but almost every single person I invited came and wished him a happy birthday and I appreciate them making it such a great day for him. :)

And for those of you who didn't come, feel free to send gifts, money, treats... really anything expensive or tasty will do.













1 comment: